Skip to main content

IB Internal Resources

IB Internal Resources

COVID-19 resources

College of Science Resumption Plan, OSU updates, CDC updates, other resources.


Accident reporting

All accidents should be reported immediately to supervisors. Supervisors must report the incident to Human Resources via the report of accident/illness form within 24 hours.

Lab safety

  • Lab caution sign request
  • Safety form - A safety form is required of all individuals working in the department.
  • Safety Instruction Library - Lab managers should also review the safety documents to see if there are any additional documents lab personnel would benefit from. Completed forms should be returned to Tara Bevandich in the main office.
  • Volunteer service acknowledgement - A volunteer service acknowledgement is needed for volunteers. All volunteers working at OSU must understand the extent (or lack) of insurance coverage by the State of Oregon. Note: Science majors and students receiving course credit while working in an integrative biology lab are not considered volunteers.
  • Instructions for lab safety training


Building access

Key request

  • Please submit key/access requests by email to Tresa Bowlin. Key/access requests must be submitted by a supervisor or lab PI.
  • After-hours building passes are available in the main office (2008 Coast Range Building) for students and non-university employees who have legitimate reasons for being in Cordley Hall, Weniger Hall or the Coast Range Building after regularly scheduled closure times.


Voicemail setup

Lost and found

How to report a lost item and where to take a found item.


College of Science feedback process

Report bias and discrimination, feedback about systems of oppression, concerns about one's role as undergrad student worker or graduate employee in College of Science.



Grant Reporting & Foundation Reimbursement Systems (GRRS)

Grant Reporting & Foundation Reimbursement Systems

Provides principal investigators (PIs), co-PIs, grant account managers and business managers with the current financial status of grant funds. Scholarship administrators and signers may access FS index Foundation Reimbursement Requests; and scholarship awards and approvals.


Individuals intending to work in the Department of Integrative Biology or supervisors wishing to hire must report contact the IB Office before work on the position begins. Office staff will need the following information regarding the potential position:

  • Employee's name
  • Type of employment (regular student, work-study student)
  • Hourly wage
  • Index
  • Start date

Some new employees will need to complete additional paperwork with the Business Center prior to being eligible to work.


  • Purchasing may be done through the OSU BennyBuy system (please contact the IB Office for assistance) or other online/local vendors.
  • For any questions at all, please contact Tresa Bowlin or Tara Bevandich in the IB Office.

Photo release

Model release form. Have your subjects sign when taking pictures of classes, field trips, meetings, etc.


    All travel must be pre-registered prior to traveling. Please fill out this form online and submit it.


    • The traveler will fill out the online form with as much information as possible. When the form is submitted, the designated travel coordinator will receive a copy. You travel coordinator will complete the pre-travel steps in Concur on your behalf and submit for approval.
    • Please note, OSU now requires ALL out of state/international trips with an OSU related business purpose to have a pre-travel request in Concur, as a department we request the same for in-state travel as it makes the booking and reimbursement process much smoother.


    • Please fill out the form again, choosing either the reimbursement option or the expense report option (if you need both for the same trip, please leave a note in the appropriate form field for your travel coordinator). Please follow up with an email to Tresa containing any receipts, quick explanations for expenses, names of other travelers you covered expenses for, etc. You may also drop physical receipts off at Tresa's office, CRB 2008, or send through campus mail.
    • Tresa will create the expense report/reimbursement request and email you when it is ready to be submitted.
    • Please note, out-of-pocket expenses for approved travel cannot be reimbursed until traveler has returned from the trip. Many expenses can be pre-paid with departmental/grant funds. Please connect with Tresa to utilize department/grant funds in the pre-travel stage.

    Additional useful travel links:

    Faculty Resources

    Teaching Resources

    Student resources

    Graduate students

    Undergraduate students